MSPs (Managed Service Providers) help organizations of all sizes to manage their IT infrastructures. Traditionally, MSPs offered services for a fixed physical IT infrastructure. As more companies rely on digital transformation services and solutions, they now prefer cloud-based infrastructure. MSPs that do not offer cloud services are considered to be outdated at present. To compete in the market, MSPs have to diversify their services and start offering cloud services. However, there are several challenges in offering cloud services to organizations in 2022. With the right technology, MSPs can easily manage cloud-based infrastructures on behalf of their clients. Read on to know why MSPs should consider offering cloud services in 2022.
What role do MSPs play in supporting organizations?
Before you know the need for cloud services, you should know how MSPs help organizations. Businesses and organizations rely on their IT infrastructure to survive in this digital era. Management and monitoring of the IT infrastructure are crucial for these organizations. Often, organizations outsource the management of their IT infrastructures to MSPs. An MSP can remotely monitor and manage the IT infrastructure of an organization. Apart from streamlining the IT infrastructure, MSPs also help organizations boost revenue. If the IT infrastructure performs efficiently, an organization will have better chances of boosting service availability. The services offered by an MSP can be of these types:
- A pure-play MSP manages the IT infrastructure of an organization. Pure-play MSPs usually find ways to help an organization retain its technology. If the technology used by the organization performs to its fullest, service availability will be boosted.
- Apart from maintaining the current technology used in an organization, an MSP can also offer additional technology to enhance the IT infrastructure. A value-added MSP combines current technology with automation technology to get the most out of the IT infrastructure.
- An outsource MSP usually manages the IT infrastructure of clients remotely. In this case, an MSP will use its technology and devices to monitor and improve the IT infrastructure. Organizations prefer outsourced MSPs as they can slash in-house operational costs.
MSPs are now indispensable for business organizations in 2022. The global market for MSPs is growing with a CAGR of more than 10%. According to the latest reports, the global market for MSPs will be more than USD 250 billion by the end of 2022. MSPs will continue to grow because they are quickly shifting towards cloud services. Offering cloud services is the need of the hour for MSPs. Business organizations are quickly shifting to a cloud architecture to slash costs and boost revenue. If you are an MSP still not offering cloud services, you need to rethink your business strategy. Let us know the benefits of offering cloud services for MSPs in 2022.
Why are cloud services essential for MSPs in 2022?
Some major reasons why MSPs should adopt cloud services are as follows:
- To boost cybersecurity – Cybersecurity is a major concern for organizations using an IT infrastructure. According to recent studies, more than 50% of ransomware attacks are conducted on small and medium-sized organizations. It is because medium and small-sized organizations use outdated physical infrastructure and technology. With the help of the cloud, MSPs can manage the IT infrastructure of medium and small-sized organizations. With the power of the cloud, an MSP can offer an unmatched level of security to organizations. Most business organizations are looking to ditch their physical IT infrastructures and jump to cloud-based architectures. MSPs can help organizations transit easily from a physical IT infrastructure to a cloud-based infrastructure. MSPs also have to install a cloud architecture at their premises to manage other IT infrastructures remotely.
- Slash costs – Cloud computing can help MSPs to slash operational costs. With a cloud-based architecture, MSPs can easily monitor the IT infrastructures of their clients remotely. You don’t have to rely on on-site employees to monitor the IT infrastructure. For the same reason, organizations opt for a cloud-based IT infrastructure. Storage and servers are hosted in the cloud and can be easily managed. Business organizations outsource the management of cloud-based servers to a reliable MSP. By doing so, businesses can vacate many skilled positions and slash overhead costs. If an MSP isn’t offering cloud services, an organization may find the MSP incompetent to manage its cloud-based infrastructure.
- Continuous support – By offering cloud services, an MSP can ensure continuous support. Physical infrastructure can fail at times due to power outages or system failures. A cloud architecture does not fail easily, even during power outages or service issues. It helps MSPs by boosting service availability and completing routine tasks without any hassle. Even if a service issue occurs, MSPs can complete routine tasks like incident resolution or system monitoring. If you are an MSP, you can offer assurance of continuous support to your clients. Organizations prefer an MSP that can monitor and resolve service issues within their IT infrastructure at any hour. With a cloud architecture, you can monitor the IT infrastructure at all times, even when at a remote location. However, MSPs will have to couple the cloud architecture with automation technology to perform round-the-clock monitoring.
- Scalability – Organizations often have to expand their computing power of available resources. Scaling a physical infrastructure based on customer demand is tricky. Physical infrastructure isn’t flexible and can be a headache for ever-growing business organizations. That is why businesses look for a cloud-based infrastructure that can be scaled when needed. If an MSP offers cloud services, it can help the client expand its IT resources or computing power when needed. IT infrastructure managed services aren’t scalable with physical architecture.
As one can see, there are numerous reasons why MSPs should offer cloud services in 2022. In the coming years, the demand for cloud enablement services will increase. As more and more organizations prefer digital transformation services and solutions, cloud computing is a must. For an MSP, switching to cloud-based services will offer them the speed, agility, and effectivity needed. MSPs can also use AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) to monitor cloud-based infrastructures remotely. Start offering cloud-based services right now!