DevOps is essential for streamlining the IT operations and software development process. At present, digitization has seemingly increased, and IT teams must change their DevOps processes accordingly. Agility needs to be maintained while completing DevOps processes. When IT teams focus on enhancing service availability, agility suffers, and organizations face downtime. It is why business organizations are searching for a reliable solution to streamline IT processes. AI-led technologies have been useful in recent times for streamlining IT operations. AIOps is emerging as an essential technology for streamlining IT operations. Read on to know more about why AIOps is essential for DevOps.
Challenges for DevOps teams?
Technology has helped DevOps teams to streamline IT operations. Earlier, DevOps teams operated with little insight. With new-age technologies, DevOps teams are gaining observability into IT operations. In this age of digitization, a business depends on software systems for its survival. The role of an SRE (Service Reliability Engineer) increases in such circumstances. SREs and DevOps teams look to monitor the software systems rigorously to maintain service availability. Different DevOps teams in an organization are responsible for different microservices. If any of the microservice stumbles, it can harm the overall service availability of the business organization.
Earlier, business organizations used fewer software systems for providing services and conducting IT operations. However, the number of software systems used by business organizations increased drastically in recent years. To match the demand of customers, business organizations were forced to scale their IT infrastructure. As the IT infrastructure expanded, business organizations faced several hassles in maintaining service availability.
Due to the increased complexity of software systems, incidents can occur anytime and hamper service availability. If DevOps teams spend more time fixing the IT incidents, agility and business continuity take a toll. It is getting hard for DevOps teams to handle real-time IT incidents and maintain service availability at the same time. To understand the impact of IT incidents on services and customers, DevOps teams need rich observability into their software systems. Traditional business tools for monitoring the IT infrastructure are not effective in the current scenario. It is why DevOps teams are looking for a centralized technology for monitoring the IT infrastructure and fixing incidents in real-time.
Another challenge for DevOps teams is to get the right person/team for fixing the IT incidents. One cannot waste time searching for the right person/team when a business organization is facing downtime. DevOps teams are not communicating enough with each other in the present scenario. Communication APIs are the only thing that helps DevOps teams in communicating with each other. When downtime occurs, DevOps teams face challenges in collaborating and fixing the incident in real-time.
As business organizations are moving towards digitization, they are also understanding the associated challenges. Businesses must understand the high magnitude of their monitoring data and find ways to analyze it. Digital transformation is all about choosing the right technology for longevity and better productivity. In the past few years, DevOps teams have found AIOps helpful in analyzing the monitoring data and improving service availability.
What AIOps brings to the table for DevOps teams?
AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is a centralized technology for addressing IT operational challenges. It can cover every aspect of your service reliability processes. You cannot keep increasing the workforce required for handling the complexity of your IT operations. The aim is to free employees from fixing IT incidents and make them focus on the business missions. By embedding AI with your traditional software systems, you can enhance the observability level. You will be in control of your software systems by using AIOps based analytics platforms.
AI data analytics monitoring tools learn about the behavior of your IT environment over time. It then correlates IT alerts from different software systems and endpoints to extract actionable insights. If downtime occurs, you can immediately get on it with the actionable insights produced by AI data analytics monitoring tools. AIOps also helps DevOps teams to communicate, collaborate, and work together for fixing IT incidents in real-time. AIOps for DevOps services in USA and many other countries have already provided fruitful results. Some of the ways how AIOps helps DevOps teams are given below:
- AIOps collects IT alerts from different sources and then prioritizes them. Not all IT alerts require immediate attention. You cannot ignore an IT alert that requires immediate attention as it can belittle the service availability. AIOps helps in knowing which IT alerts can affect the services and customers adversely. DevOps teams can focus on solving the critical IT incidents first to improve service availability.
- An AIOps based analytics platform will empower the right person/team to solve an IT incident. DevOps teams can acknowledge an IT incident faster if they use AIOps based analytics platforms. Not to forget, AIOps also enhances the communication level between DevOps teams.
- AIOps can also help DevOps teams in reducing the downtime of critical software systems. IT incidents can be fixed before they leave an impact on the service availability. The modern-day scenario requires fixing IT issues in real-time which, can only be done by AIOps.
- Often, DevOps and SRE teams spend much time in finding the root cause of any IT anomaly. With AIOps, one can reduce the time taken to find the underlying cause of an anomaly/disaster. AIOps finds out the interdependencies between software systems to determine the underlying cause of anomalies faster.
- With AIOps, you can have access to your monitoring data from all sources in one place. Having a centralized monitoring technology is a must if you want to reduce the load on your DevOps teams and SREs. An AIOps based analytics platform can show monitoring results and alerts under a single dashboard. You can move towards automation with AIOps and reduce the burden on DevOps teams.
In a nutshell
According to trends, the AIOps industry will grow with a CAGR of around 30% for the next few years. Business organizations are realizing the importance of using centralized technology for monitoring complex IT infrastructure. Start using AIOps for streamlining IT operations and helping DevOps teams!