In the era of modernisation, technology plays a major role in the corporate sector. Companies cannot imagine completing their operations without the support of technology. With the help of technology stacks and the best AIOps tools, corporations ensure service availability. Without the right technology stacks, corporations will fail to deliver services to customers. Employees within an organisation depend entirely on technology to complete the assigned tasks. Employees who aren’t satisfied with the technology might not perform to their fullest potential. For the same rationale, CTOs (Chief Technology Officers) focus on improving the technological experience of employees. Read on to understand the importance of a DEX (Digital Employee Experience) platform.
What exactly is DEX?
The workforce will depend on technology to complete day-to-day operations. DEX denotes the quality of the workforce’s interaction with the technology to perform daily operations. DEX analyses the way employees interact with the technology stacks within the organisation. After analysing the interaction, DEX focuses on bringing positive changes. The ultimate goal of DEX is to improve the technological experience of employees. It is not centred around a single technology within the organisation. Some technologies used by employees to complete day-to-day operations are as follows:
- Computing devices
- Virtual machines
- Cloud-based applications
- Network devices
It is crucial to note that these are only a few technologies used by employees within an organisation. DEX focuses on all the technologies and how employees interact with them. When an employee interacts with digital resources, the data is collected by a dedicated platform. The interaction data is analysed to find the existing problems and resolve them. Several issues might hamper the employees’ interaction with digital resources, like:
- Poor network availability
- Poor network speed
- Poor device performance speed
- Application instability
- System errors
- System failures
- Application exhaustion
As you can see, numerous issues within the IT infrastructure can hamper service availability. Such issues also frustrate the employees, and overall productivity decreases. To prevent such issues, DEX is more than essential for organisations. Without DEX, organisations will fail to gain visibility into digital experience and satisfaction. Some companies might refer to DEX as employee experience or EUEM.
Understanding a DEX platform
As discussed above, DEX includes collecting data regarding the way employees interact with digital resources. How will an organisation collect data regarding employees’ interaction with digital resources? A company cannot hire additional people to watch how employees interact with digital resources. With the help of a centralised platform, performance data is collected. Whenever an employee interacts with a digital resource, a DEX platform will collect the performance data. An issue encountered by the employee will be recorded in real-time by the DEX platform. Without a DEX platform, CTOs have no chance of boosting service availability. When CTOs will not know the common issues faced by the employees, how can they work on them?
In the past few years, there have been some issues with traditional DEX platforms. Traditional DEX platforms aren’t capable of remote monitoring and data collection. Gone are the days when everyone used in-house resources and worked from a central company location. Due to the COVID era, remote work culture has risen. Also, companies are looking to ditch their on-premise infrastructures and look for cloud migration options. Remote work culture and cloud migration are a challenge for organisations looking to improve DEX. Luckily, there are solutions for monitoring the interaction of remote employees with technology. AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) has offered solutions to collect performance data from remote endpoints. Let us understand the features of a DEX platform powered by AIOps.
Features of a new-age DEX platform
Organisations that live under a rock might still be using traditional DEX platforms. However, traditional DEX solutions have miserably failed in the wake of the remote work culture. An organisation cannot compromise on its employee experience and have to adopt new-age DEX platforms. Features of an AIOps-led DEX platform are as follows:
- It will monitor performance data from endpoints, irrespective of the location. Whether employees are working from home or in satellite offices, an AIOps-led DEX platform will collect performance data at all times. With 24*7 monitoring of digital resources, the organisation can find common problems easily.
- An AIOps-led DEX platform collects performance issues in real-time. Sometimes, a performance issue can disrupt the continuity of a business. In such a case, the performance issue should be fixed in quick succession. Since an AIOps-led DEX platform will help you know the inconveniences in real-time, you can fix them immediately.
- An AIOps-led DEX platform allows CTOs to monitor employee experience from a single dashboard. You don’t have to log in to multiple dashboards to view the employee experience. The best AIOps toolsin the market will offer enhanced visibility into employee experience from a central point.
- An AIOps-led DEX platform runs on powerful AI/ML algorithms. These algorithms don’t require manual support to monitor the performance of digital resources. As a result, CTOs can monitor the digital experience with the least manual effort.
- Besides collecting performance data from different sources, a new-age DEX platform will also help you analyse the performance data. An AIOps-led DEX platform might work as an all-in-one solution for data analysis, monitoring, and event resolution.
Why is DEX essential for corporations?
Do you know that only 13% of employees are satisfied with the current technology stack in their organisation? Since a large proportion of employees are dissatisfied with digital resources, they have no option other than to resign. By improving the digital experience, you can improve the employee retention rate. The importance of DEX has significantly increased due to the rise of remote work culture. With a cloud-native DEX platform, CTOs can easily monitor digital experience in remote and hybrid work environments and improve service availability for end users.
As new technologies like IoT and RPA are used in the corporate industry, the importance of DEX has increased. These technologies are sensitive and require attention at all times. With the best AIOps tools, CTOs can ensure that technology stacks perform to their fullest potential at all times. Start taking DEX seriously to boost employee satisfaction rates!