In this digital age, business organizations depend on software systems to provide services to customers. The number of software systems used by business organizations has increased over the decades. Also, the complexity of software systems has increased over the decades. If business organizations do not look after the performance of their software systems, there is a chance of low service availability.
Critical business operations depend on the software systems connected with the IT infrastructure. If any one of the critical software systems stops working, it will degrade the service reliability and availability. Read on to know how AIOps can help in predicting device failure and ensuring high service availability.
Challenges in Predicting Device/App Failures
Due to the increasing complexity of business apps and software systems, it is hard to predict device failures with legacy tools. Performance monitoring tools developed in the past are no longer applicable for new-age software systems. It is why business organizations are moving towards new-age technologies for device performance monitoring. Application performance monitoring with AIOps is the new trend in the industry. Some of the challenges faced by business organizations for application performance monitoring with legacy tools are as follows:
- Due to increased demands, development cycles of software systems are getting shorter. Development teams must provide fast feedback regarding device performance. Traditional monitoring tools do not provide expansive insights to generate feedbacks quickly.
- The data generated by business organizations is more than ever. Since organizations cannot bring all types of data to one place, silos are formed. It is never easy to perform real-time performance monitoring when there are many data silos.
- Traditional application performance monitoring tools can inform about a device failure after it has occurred. Since organizations cannot predict performance issues, they will only act after an incident has hampered the service availability.
- Since more customers are using business apps, it is hard to keep track of the customer data. Let alone fixing app performance issues in real-time to satisfy customers.
- Business organizations must review many IT incidents in a day. It is hard to prioritize incidents with an outdated monitoring system. The traditional monitoring systems do not aid in prioritizing IT incidents based on their impacts on service availability.
- Business organizations use many digital channels to provide services to clients and customers. It is hard to perform RUM (Real User Monitoring) and synthetic monitoring when many customers are using the digital channels at once.
- Business organizations do not know about their software systems as well as they should know. Due to low observability, businesses cannot know about the internal states of their software systems.
- The performance of a software system slowly degrades with time. If one cannot know about the performance degradation, a software system may stop working suddenly.
How AIOps Has Changed Application Performance Monitoring?
AI-based tools use predictive analytics models to forecast device failures and performance hassles. The best AIOps tools and products can collect data from several sources and bring them to one place. AIOps is a centralized monitoring solution for your business. It studies the relationships between data sets to identify anomalies. Whenever an anomaly occurs, it informs the system administrator by generating an alert. AIOps makes sure that crucial software systems in your IT setup never stop working. Based on the performance metrics, AIOps can predict device failures. A business organization can take proactive steps to ensure device failures never occur.
AIOps collects data from digital channels and software systems. It then brings the data together in one place for analysis and reporting. AIOps can know about the internal state of business apps and software systems by studying the external factors. With high observability, you can know about performance degradation beforehand. You will have ample time to work on the performance issues and avoid device failures. A business organization can scale its software systems and digital channels according to the demands of the customer. Your crucial business apps and software systems will be up and running all the time. When the uptime of your software system increases, service availability also increases.
How AIOps Boosts Incident Management?
When a performance issue occurs, an alarm is raised by the monitoring system. IT teams associate a ticket with each IT incident to identify it uniquely. Sometimes, several tickets are raised for the same performance issue. For example, consider a scenario where the feedback option of your business app/website is not working. Multiple users have reported the same issue and, unique tickets have been generated every time. IT teams will waste their time in identifying redundant tickets thus, hampering the service reliability. It is where AIOps steps in and removes redundant tickets for the same performance issue. How AIOps enhances incident management is as follows:
- The best AIOps tools and products perform real-time monitoring of complex software systems. If a performance issue occurs, you will know immediately. AIOps can also predict performance hassles based on performance metrics and historical data.
- Once a performance issue occurs, AIOps based analytics platforms identify its impact on the service reliability. If the possible impact on service availability is high, you can start fixing the performance issue right away.
- If numerous performance issues occur simultaneously, AIOps will aid in ranking them based on their impacts on business continuity. The most crucial performance issues will be fixed first by IT teams.
- AIOps will aid in finding the person responsible for fixing any performance issue. Business organizations have successfully decreased their MTTA (Mean Time to Acknowledge) after using AIOps based analytics platforms.
- AIOps will also provide actionable insights to fix performance issues faster. Once a performance issue has occurred, AIOps will remember it forever. Next time the same performance issue occurs, AIOps will help in fixing it faster.
In a Nutshell
During the recent COVID pandemic, many business organizations invested in AIOps for better remote IT infrastructures. The global revenue of the AIOps industry will be more than USD 500 billion by 2030. You can also enhance the uptime of your software systems via AIOps. Fix performance issues and improve service availability with AIOps!