- Prediction for Business Service Assurance
- Artificial Intelligence for IT operations or AIOps has exploded over the past few years. As more and more enterprises set about their digital transformation journeys, AIOps becomes imperative to keep their businesses running smoothly.
- ZIF – THE IDEAL AIOPS PLATFORM OF CHOICE
- HOW DOES THE PREDICT MODULE OF ZIF WORK?
- SUB-FUNCTIONS OF PREDICTION MODULE
Artificial Intelligence for IT operations or AIOps has exploded over the past few years. As more and more enterprises set about their digital transformation journeys, AIOps becomes imperative to keep their businesses running smoothly.
AIOps uses several technologies like Machine Learning and Big Data to automate the identification and resolution of common Information Technology (IT) problems. The systems, services, and applications in a large enterprise produce volumes of log and performance data. AIOps uses this data to monitor the assets and gain visibility into the behaviour and dependencies among these assets.
According to a Gartner publication, the adoption of AIOps by large enterprises would rise to 30% by 2023.
ZIF – THE IDEAL AIOPS PLATFORM OF CHOICE
ZIF is an AIOps based TechOps platform that enables proactive detection and remediation of incidents helping organizations drive towards ZIF.
ZIF comprises of 5 modules, as outlined below.
At the heart of ZIF, lies its Analyze and Predict (A&P) modules which are powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques. From the business perspective, the primary goal of A&P would be 100% availability of applications and business processes.
Let us understand more about thePredict module of ZIF.
Predictive Analytics is one of the main USP of the ZIF platform. ZIF encompassesSupervised, Unsupervised and Reinforcement Learning algorithms for realization of various business use cases (as shown below).
HOW DOES THE PREDICT MODULE OF ZIF WORK?
Through its data ingestion capabilities, the ZIF platform can receive and process all types of data (both structured and unstructured) from various tools in the enterprise. The types of data can be related to alerts, events, logs, performance of devices, relations of devices, workload topologies, network topologies etc. By analyzing all these data, the platform predicts the anomalies that can occur in the environment. These anomalies get presented as ‘Opportunity Cards’ so that suitable action can be taken ahead of time to eliminate any undesired incidents from occurring. Since this is ‘Proactive’ and not ‘Reactive’, it brings about a paradigm shift to any organization’s endeavour to achieve 100% availability of their enterprise systems and platforms. Predictions are done at multiple levels – application level, business process level, device level etc.
SUB-FUNCTIONS OF PREDICTION MODULE
HOW DOES THE PREDICT MODULE MANIFEST TO ENTERPRISE USERS OF THE PLATFORM?
Predict module categorizes the opportunity cards into three swim lanes.
- Warning swim lane – Opportunity Cards that have an “Expected Time of Impact” (ETI) beyond 60 minutes.
- Critical swim lane – Opportunity Cards that have an ETI within 60 minutes.
- Processed / Lost– Opportunity Cards that have been processed or lost without taking any action.
FEW OF THE ENTERPRISES THAT REALIZED THE POWER OF ZIF’S PREDICTION MODULE
- A manufacturing giant in the US
- A large non-profit mental health and social service provider in New York
- A large mortgage loan service provider in the US
- Two of the largest private sector banks in India
For more detailed information on GAVS’ Analyze, or to request a demo please visithttps://zif.ai/products/predict/
About the author
April 8, 2020
“ Vasu heads Engineering function for A&P. He is a Digital Transformation leader with ~20 years of IT industry experience spanning across Product Engineering, Portfolio Delivery, Large Program Management etc. Vasu has designed and delivered Open Systems, Core Banking, Web / Mobile Applications etc.“