In today’s digital scenario, a business organization installs many hardware devices for its employees. The employees use hardware devices to make sure the IT infrastructure is up and running. Many business organizations use Linux as an operating system for their hardware devices. Linux is a scalable solution for businesses and can be easily mounted on different hardware devices. Along with providing hardware devices to employees, organizations also must monitor the health of devices connected within the IT infrastructure. If Linux machines connected to the IT infrastructure stop working abruptly, service availability can decrease, and the organization will face downtime. If you are using Linux machines, try to implement a proactive Linux monitoring solution. Read on to know about why Linux monitoring with AIOps is the solution you need.
Challenges with Linux monitoring
Gone are the days when a business organization only used a few hardware devices for providing services across digital channels. With increasing digitization, business organizations are finding it hard to monitor many Linux devices at once. There is a need for a centralized monitoring tool that can help in rigorously monitoring Linux machines within the IT infrastructure. Age-old Linux monitoring tools could not cope with the increasing complexity of IT infrastructure. As a result, IT professionals were forced to look for an alternate solution for Linux monitoring.
To handle the complexity of the Linux machines, IT teams are preferring AI for application monitoring. An AIOps based analytics platform has the power to integrate performance data from several Linux devices in one place. Linux server performance monitoring is an important challenge for large IT companies. Besides increasing complexity of the IT infrastructure, other challenges that forced IT teams, to choose AIOps-based Linux monitoring solutions are:
- IT companies use Linux servers due to their intense storage and computing needs. For large organizations, it gets hard to monitor Linux servers as there are too many of them connected with the IT infrastructure.
- Age-old Linux monitoring tools cannot filter the alert noise. They keep on sending incident alerts to the IT teams and, it gets hard to manage them after a time. IT teams cannot determine the high-impact system alerts due to more noise. It leads to serious impacts on the service availability as you cannot eliminate the high-impact issues first with your Linux devices/servers.
- Ask any SRE (Service Reliability Engineer) or a system administrator to know how hard it is to debug Linux system performance continuously. The mundane task of debugging Linux system performance is done daily in big organizations. Traditional Linux monitoring tools fail to automate mundane tasks like analyzing log data, correlating events, and others.
- It gets hard to determine the internal states of Linux devices and servers. Age-old Linux monitoring tools fail to provide rich observability into the devices and software systems. Without rich observability, you cannot determine whether your Linux machines are performing to their highest capabilities or not.
- Large business organizations have many Linux machines connected to the IT infrastructure. If any IT issue arises due to any Linux server/machine, it gets hard to find which one. Since age-old Linux monitoring tools cannot identify the root cause in real-time, service availability decreases as you will take more time to fix IT issues.
Due to these challenges, IT companies have started using predictive analytics models for proactive Linux monitoring. AIOps based analytics platforms are being seen as a solution to the challenges of Linux monitoring. Many organizations have already boosted their Linux device performance and service availability with AIOps-enabled monitoring solutions.
How AIOps helps in Linux monitoring?
With the use of predictive analytics models, AIOps-based monitoring platforms can free system administrators from mundane tasks. As businesses are moving towards digitization, they need to automate several mundane tasks associated with monitoring the IT infrastructure. One cannot keep hiring system administrators every time more Linux machines are added to the organization. The pros of AIOps based analytics platforms for Linux monitoring are given below:
Ensure year-round availability of Linux devices with AIOps
AIOps based analytics platforms for Linux monitoring will collect log data rigorously. Without any manual support, AIOps will collect performance data across Linux devices connected to the IT infrastructure. You will know about several performance metrics related to Linux devices like CPU usage, network load, zombie process count, disk utilization, and device load. When you know about performance metrics, you can pay special attention to Linux devices that are nearing capacity exhaustion. You can make sure that the computational quality of your Linux devices is always optimum. Also, you can fix performance issues with Linux devices proactively before they lower the service availability.
Resolve Linux performance issues quickly
The biggest advantage of AI for application monitoring is that it can remember service logs over a greater period. Events with the Linux systems are correlated with each other to find patterns that could hamper the service availability. With effective event correlation, AIOps-enabled monitoring platforms let you discover the actual cause of Linux performance issues. An AI automated root cause analysis solution will let you determine the underlying cause of a Linux performance issue. When you get to the pinpoint of Linux performance issues quickly, you can get systems online quickly and boost the service availability/uptime. Business organizations that used AIOps for Linux monitoring have reported a significant decrease in the time taken to discover and resolve performance issues.
Gain access to Linux performance data under a single dashboard
AIOps-enabled monitoring solutions collect the performance data from all Linux devices connected to the IT infrastructure. AIOps makes sure system administrators gain rich observability into their Linux systems. Also, the performance data related to Linux devices will be shown under a single dashboard with the best AIOps products and tools in the market.
AIOps is a one-stop solution for monitoring Linux machines and fixing performance issues. Not to forget, you will successfully slash overhead costs by automating Linux monitoring activities with AIOps. You can respond to Linux performance issues proactively with AIOps based analytics platforms. Boost the uptime of your Linux devices with AIOps-based monitoring!