IT productivity is directly linked to the technological investments of an organization. While growth in all sectors is unpredictable, the rapid digitization of industries remains constant. This is why an IT organization profits from continued technological investments, ensuring productivity and efficiency.
Sustained IT Productivity with Digital Solutions
IT productivity, even when industry growth is unpredictable, can be attained through the use of digital transformation services and solutions. In the IT sector, digital transformation solutions challenge the systems to change and adapt continuously. When introduced in IT departments, digital transformation solutions and services can make changes to all existing processes and technologies and optimize them to function more efficiently.
According to Gartner, due to the rapid advancement in technology, employees are often overwhelmed with new applications. They are unable to adopt all new technologies and apply them to their jobs. This reduces engagement and affects productivity. Well strategized digital adoption solutions are capable of bridging the gap through transformation strategies. Software learning services are essential to increase employee engagement and productivity in IT. In the absence of digital adoption solutions, IT professionals could face the following challenges which would negatively impact productivity.
- Increase in new point solutions that are difficult for employees to understand and implement within a short period.
- Measuring response to digital adoption without using any metrics.
- Lack of training, especially for recent hires and inadequate learning facilities for new software applications.
- Mismanagement of pending projects due to human errors.
By prioritizing efficient software usage, IT professionals will be able to ensure that the existing technologies are being used to their full potential and that all innovative applications are being integrated into the previous systems. If the gaps in learning and implementation of new technology can be identified, it will be easier to improve employee engagement and promote user journeys.
How can digital adoption and transformation boost IT Productivity?
Published in November 2020, the Gartner report “Improve Employee Usage, Engagement and Productivity with Digital Adoption Solutions” suggested several key applications which have the potential to boost productivity and growth even when the future of the IT sector is unpredictable.
- Application of Digital Adoption Solutions on All Essential Technologies – Digital adoption solutions overlay is necessary across all technologies used by the organization. There should be a single domain for all important functions that would assist with onboarding. The application of digital adoption solutions should be aimed at technologies most used for everyday processes. This would eliminate human errors and reduce the additional time taken in performing each task with a specific solution. Once digital adoption solutions are introduced, the organization could save money and resources spent on training new employees.
- Use of Analytics to Improve User Experience – User experience has a significant impact on productivity. Favorable responses from customers and end-users, even when the market is down can sustain IT productivity. The usage of digital transformation services and adoption solutions can be optimized through analysis of user experiences. The user response data can be analyzed to predict how end users can be provided with better solutions. According to the data, IT professionals can modify their services and provide new ones that are more reliable as well as sustainable for users.
- Creation and Use of Performance Metrics – The performance of new technology and the response of employees to these solutions can help to maintain continual productivity. IT organizations need to invest in data analytics to create measurable insights. These insights are based on the performance of the technologies as well as the employees implementing them. The metrics obtained will help in the deployment of new applications and the use of digital transformation and adoption solutions.
Apart from these solutions, IT Automation with AI should be used to ensure continuity. AI is used to manage IT data on multi-based platforms. Processing of data is automated, and this increases efficiency while decreasing the time and money spent on individual processes. Complete automation with the help of historical and real-time insights can help IT companies to improve their business.
Maximizing IT Productivity
IT productivity can only be continued if it improves an organization’s economic growth. This is achieved through the following 3 steps.
- Ensuring a skilled labor force that can be expanded when necessary.
- Using proper hardware and specific equipment for projects.
- Investing in advanced software applications for IT operations management.
Sustained IT productivity needs to be maximized to receive the best outcomes. However, in recent times there has been a lack of necessary skilled labor and capital. Without these resources, it is difficult to ensure continual productivity. Therefore, companies need to invest in and rely on IT operations management software applications. Such IT software solutions help to leverage IT systems and improve profits. The data available from these systems can then be analyzed. To ensure that the productivity is sustained, this data needs to be quantified. Insights obtained can help professionals understand which areas need to be optimized for better growth. Since it is very difficult to accurately predict economic growth and the company’s profits, the insights can help companies make an educated guess.
IT productivity is not only dependent on data analysis and the use of new software. The IT professionals in an organization are responsible for productivity as well. It is important to promote the business value of all programs implemented.
Given the current economic climate, companies are faced with unpredictability when it comes to sustained growth. However, the use of digital tools in the IT sector for the management and development of new services can help. These tools are designed to make processes efficient and cost-effective so that companies are able to stay productive even during a crisis.