Data management is an integral process for any business to derive meaningful insights. Besides storing data, they must also make sure the data is available to analysts to deduce deep insights that help make better business decisions. An isolated database is cannot support collaboration. AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) has proven to be a vital solution for converting IT silos to interconnected collaboration.
The IT silos and its challenges
A silo in an organization or IT infrastructure is an isolated data storage point. A silo can also be found in a system and is segregated from other components of the system. Since a silo is isolated, IT professionals often refer to it negatively and want to reduce the number of IT silos in their infrastructure. For example, assume there is a relational database in an organization that stores customer data. However, the relational database is segregated from the organization’s IT infrastructure and, one cannot share customer data with other systems. It is an example of an IT silo and how the information stored in a silo is wasted. IT professionals always look for ways to minimize the number of IT silos in their organization.
The disadvantages of having IT silos in your organization are many:
- Having separate pockets of data that do no collaborate makes data analysis tougher. Data analysis includes finding patterns and relationships between several data points. When the data points are segregated, the data analysis process is affected adversely.
- When you cannot view your organization’s data, the level of observability will decrease, and you cannot learn about the internal states of your software systems and other components of the IT infrastructure.
- Segregation means there is no central point of operation. IT professionals must work on each silo individually which, takes more time and effort and finally impacts the service availability and business reliability.
- Silos degrade the trust between different IT teams and departments with respect to data sharing. It is a toxic approach that is neither good for the business nor the employees.
How is AIOps the solution for IT silos?
An AIOps platform will bring together all your organizational data under one roof. AIOps based data analytics platforms act as a centralized data storage system that also analyses it at regular intervals. The complexity and volume of organizational data have increased over time and, traditional solutions are not working. It is why businesses are opting for AIOps based analytics platforms that can store and analyze complex data. According to a survey, more than 40% of businesses are already using AIOps for root cause analysis and business forecasting. The best AIOps tools and products in the market will aid in bringing together the data that is spread across different systems and departments.
Benefits of eliminating IT silos with AIOps
- Traditional data analysis solutions cannot provide a unified view of organizational data. They combine and integrate data from various sources before analyzing it which, degrades the data integrity. Also, it is tough to integrate data from different IT silos. With an AIOps based analytics platform, you can view data from numerous sources under one roof without degrading the data integrity.
- IT silos can be an engineer’s nightmare when it comes to identifying the root cause of an IT incident. Traditional data analysis tools are not good in tracing an IT incident and finding the root cause. However, An AI automated root cause analysis solution establishes a timeline of events, correlates events and finds the root cause. This will reduce your Mean Time To Resolve (MTTR) incidents.
- Event correlation is much easier when no IT silos are present in your IT infrastructure. An AIOps based analytics platform can derive the impact of different IT incidents. If an IT incident triggers another incident, an AIOps based analytics platform can find it.
- An AIOps platform will not bog down the speed of your IT teams. Also, IT teams in your organization will follow a collaborative approach to deal with incidents and other issues.
- You don’t have to manually deduce data as AIOps will provide a unified view of your organizational data and reduced the need for manual labor.
In a nutshell
The global AIOps market will rise with a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of around 37% by 2030. Businesses are understanding the importance of having access to all types of data under one roof. Besides inducing automation, an AIOps based analytics platform can also reduce the operational costs for a business. For businesses across the globe, eliminating IT silos with AIOps is the solution to complex IT problems.