ZIF is an AIOps based TechOps platform that enables proactive detection and remediation of incidents helping organizations drive towards ZIF. ZIF comprises of 5 modules, as outlined below.
This article’s focus is on the Remediate function of ZIF. Most ITSM teams envision a future of ticketless ITSM, driven by AI and Automation.
Remediate being a key module ofZIF, has more than 500+ connectors to various ITSMtools, Monitoring, Security and Incident management tools, storage/backup tools and others.Few of the connectors are referenced below that enables quick automation building.
Key Features of Remediate
- Truly Agent-less software.
- 300+ readily available templates – intuitive workflow/activity-based tool for process automation from a rich repository of pre-coded activities/templates.
- No coding or programming required to create/deploy automated workflows. Easy drag & drop to sequence activities for workflow design.
- Workflow execution scheduling for pre-determined time or triggering from events/notifications via email or SMS alerts.
- Can be installed on-premise or on the cloud, on physical or virtual servers
- Self Service portal for end-users/admins/help-desk to handle tasks &remediation automatically
- Fully automated service management life cycle from incident creation to resolution and automatic closure
- Has integration packs for all leading ITSM tools
Key features for futuristic Automation Solutions
Although the COVID pandemic has landed us in unprecedented times, we have been able to continue supporting our customers and enabled their IT operations with ZIF Remediate.
- Self-learning capability to deliver Predictive/Prescriptive actionable alerts.
- Access to multiple data sources and types – events, metrics, thresholds, logs, event triggers e.g. mail or SMS.
- Support for a wide range of automation
- Interactive Automation – Web, SMS, and email
- Non-interactive automation – Silent based on events/trigger points
- Supporting a wide range of advanced heuristics.
Benefits of AIOPS driven Automation
- Faster MTTR
- Instant identification of threats and appropriate responses
- Faster delivery of IT services
- Quality services leading to Employee and Customer satisfaction
- Fulfillment and Alignment of IT services to business performance
Interactive and Non-interactive automation
Through our automation journey so far, we have understood that the best automation empowers humans, rather than replacing them. By implementing ZIF Remediate, organizations can empower their people to focus their attention on critical thinking and value-added activities and let our platform handle mundane tasks by bringing data-driven insights for decision making.
- Interactive Automation – Web portal, Chatbot and SMS based
- Non-interactive automations – Event or trigger driven automation
Involved decision driven Automations
ZIF Remediate has its unique, interactive automation capabilities, where many automation tools do not allow interactive decision making. Need approvals built into an automated change management process that involves sensitive aspects of your environment? Need numerous decision points that demand expert approval or oversight? We have the solution for you. Take an example of Phishing automation, here a domain or IP is blocked based on insights derived by mimicking an SOC engineer’s actions – parsing the observables i.e. URL, suspicious links or attachments in a phish mail and have those observables validated for threat against threat response tools, virus total, and others.
Some of the key benefits realized by our customers which include one of the largest manufacturing organizations, a financial services company, a large PR firm, health care organizations, and others.
- Reduction of MTTR by 30% across various service requests.
- Reduction of 40% of incidents/tickets, thus enabling productivity improvements.
- Ticket triaging process automation resulting in a reduction of time taken by 50%.
- Reclaiming TBs of storage space every week through snapshot monitoring and approval-driven model for a large virtualized environment.
- Eliminating manual threat analysis by Phishing Automation, leading to man-hours being redirected towards more critical work.
- Reduction of potential P1 outages by 40% through self-healing automations.
For more detailed information on ZIF Remediate, or to request a demo please visit https://zif.ai/products/remediate/
About the author
May 7, 2020
Alwinking N Rajamani
“Alwin leads the Product Engineering for ZIF Remediate and zIrrus. He has over 20 years of IT experience spanning across Program & Portfolio Management for large customer accounts of various business verticals. In his free time, Alwin loves going for long drives, travelling to scenic locales, doing social work and reading & meditating the Bible.“