In this digital era, business organizations are rapidly moving towards digital transformation. Along with digitization, business organizations also must care about the customer experience. What is the use of launching new IT services when it disrupts the existing ones? Many questions occur in front of organizations that are undergoing digital transformation. Digital transformation services and solutions should not hamper the effectiveness of existing IT services. IT service management is a challenge for all business organizations, irrespective of the company size. It is why business organizations are discovering new techniques and tools for service management. Continue reading to know how AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is a viable solution for service management.
Understanding service management in the IT industry
A corporate firm provides several IT services to its customers. IT services are built according to customer demands and preferences. An IT service helps a customer to achieve a particular outcome. For example, consider a healthcare firm that uses a patient management system to help patients track their recovery process online. The patient management system can be considered as an IT service provided by the healthcare firm.
Every firm looks to boost its service availability and customer experience. For boosting service availability and customer experience, IT firms must focus on the continual enhancement of their services. All the processes taken by IT teams to enhance their services come under service management. Usually, ITSM teams are responsible for the continual improvement of IT services. An SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) can also help fix issues faced by the customers using the IT services.
Every IT service is provided with the help of IT teams and software systems. The crucial software systems installed at the organization’s premises are responsible for keeping the IT services online. To boost the overall service availability, you will have to first boost the performance of critical software systems. There are many other processes associated with the management of IT services, like monitoring, incident analysis, event correlation, etc. IT teams must go through many hassles to keep their services up and running all the time.
Challenges with service management
The biggest challenge for IT teams involved in service management is the unavailability of real-time user monitoring tools. Monitoring tools are required to analyze the performance of critical software systems that are essential for providing IT services. Besides monitoring software systems, organizations also must monitor critical business applications and user behaviour on digital channels. Gone are the days when there were only a few business applications and software systems to monitor. At present, ITSM teams are hurried by the magnitude of software systems installed within the organization’s premises.
The growing complexity of the IT infrastructure is also a challenge for service management teams. The magnitude of infrastructure data and failure alarms has increased drastically in recent times. It is hard for service desk teams to manage such large volumes of infrastructure data. That is why many business organizations have started using automation tools for service desks.
What is the best solution for service management?
Even when the IT infrastructure is constantly changing, IT service teams are required to analyze large volumes of data and resolve incidents quickly. Managing the dynamic infrastructural data isn’t easy. Also, the IT service issues need to be resolved immediately before they deplete the service availability. Automation tools for the service desk are the only solution for moving towards a self-healing IT. By using AI-led monitoring tools, one can identify IT service issues in real-time. All entities across the IT infrastructure can be discovered and monitored with the power of artificial intelligence.
In recent times, AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) has been beneficial for service desk teams. AIOps-led service desk solutions boost the productivity of IT teams looking to resolve service issues in real-time. Some of the major functionalities of AIOps-led service management solutions are as follows:
- Once an AIOps-based analytics platform has been successfully trained, it can recall all the previous events, logs, metrics, and traces. Using the historical data, AIOps can successfully correlate events and check for false alarms. False IT service alarms waste the precious time of service teams which, can be utilized for other service desk processes.
- A unique ticket is generated for each service issue. Sometimes, multiple tickets are generated for the same service issue. With an AIOps-based analytics platform, one can easily eliminate redundant tickets which, would be time-consuming when done manually.
- Recurring IT service issues can be resolved without any manual input by AIOps-based analytics platforms. If any service issues required manual input, an AIOps-led service management platform will forward it to the responsible IT team. The MTTA (Mean Time to Acknowledge) can be boosted with the help of an AIOps-led service management solution.
- There are many software systems responsible for keeping the IT services online. AIOps can help in monitoring the health of software systems involved in providing IT services. Service management becomes proactive with AI-led solutions.
What are the benefits of using AIOps for service management?
The pros of AIOps-led service management tools are as follows:
- AIOps is beneficial for automatically discovering all the IT infrastructural elements. It also helps in finding the interdependencies between different IT elements. For example, dependency mapping via an AIOps-based analytics platform can uncover the interdependencies between software systems.
- AIOps automatically reports service issues to ITSM teams in real-time. With AIOps-led monitoring tools, you can find out about IT service issues even before the customer/client knows about them
- With advanced correlation, you can decrease the magnitude of false alarms within your organization. With an AIOps-led service management solution, you can boost service availability and reduce downtime of IT services.
- AIOps can provide service teams with actionable insights that help them resolve a service issue faster. The best AIOps products and tools in the market can help you move towards the goal of self-healing IT.
In a nutshell
Keeping your configuration management database up to date is a challenge for IT service teams. AIOps-based service desk solutions not only keep CMDB updated but also help fix service issues quickly. Boost service availability with an AIOps-led service management solution!